Frequently Asked Questions
Who is Boss Auto Spares?
We a team of highly dedicated auto spares enthusiasts eager to cater to your Auto Spare’s needs. We ensure the best price and host a variety of products. If it’s not on our website we will endeavour to find the correct Part at the best price. We specialise in all types of motor vehicles spares & accessories for all types of motor vehicles, vans & mini buses.
No part or order is too big or small
How long has Boss Auto Spares been in existence?
Two Brothers and their father first opened their doors in 2010 in Bosmont, Gauteng.
Our online store was launched in 2013 - as we realised there was a great demand for motor spares throughout South Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa.
** Our online orders are managed from a separate warehouse. Please note that some items available for purchase online might not be in stock at the physical store. Please call us beforehand to check stock availability should you wish to make a purchase at the physical store. Order processing takes 3-7 working days.
Are my credit card details safe?
Yes. They’re safe. All credit card transactions take place on a 3D secure page and no credit card details are stored on our system, this is managed by PayU. With 3D Secure, your online credit and debit card payment is redirected to your bank’s 3D Secure service (on your bank’s website) to facilitate the authentication process for your online payment. Authentication is done using One Time Pins (OTPs) sent to your mobile phone.
What are your bank details?
Our details are:
Account Name: Boss Auto Spares
Branch Code: 250056
Account Number: 622 867 44836
Account Type: Cheque
Have you received my payment
As soon as we receive your payment we will send you an email to confirm that your payment has been processed and that all is in order.
How long will my order take to arrive?
It can range from 5-10 working days, depending on product availability and your choice of the vast delivery options available and where you reside. Please view further delivery information below.
Do you have a newsletter?
Yes we do. Please sign up, we will ensure that our newsletters are jam packed with the latest products available as well as our great specials.
What do I do if I don't receive my Order?
Do not hesitate to give us a call. We will track your order and keep you updated on the progress of your precious cargo.
Is there a warranty on the products?
It depends on the brand that you've purchased, but in most cases there is a factory warranty from the manufacturer. For more information visit Returns/Refunds page
To qualify for the warranty on the item - the item needs to be installed by a mechanic/work shop that is an accredited member of the RMI. If the fitment is done by non-accredited RMI member, the warranty will be null & void.
What if it's broken?
Find out more on our Returns/Refunds page.
What if you send me the wrong item?
Find out more on our Returns/Refunds page.
Do you sell gift vouchers?
Yes. We sell digital gift vouchers. If you purchase one, we'll mail you the voucher as PDF with the unique code which you enter at checkout when redeeming your voucher. If it's a gift, we can forward it to someone on your behalf on a designated day.
You don't have what I'm looking for - what now?
Let us know and we'll try to source it for you - you can send your request to [email protected]
What payment methods / options are available?
Our payment options include the following:
- Debit Card
- Credit card
- Instant Secure EFT (powered by i-Pay)
- Direct bank deposit or electronic funds transfer (EFT), in which event you must make payment within 48 hours of placing your order. Note that EFTs take 24-48 hours to clear, only once the funds reflect in our FNB bank account will your order be processed.
- Mobicred - for more details and how to apply visit Mobicred.
- PayPal (our account: [email protected])
- Western Union
(Please note: Credit Card, Mobicred & i-Pay Instant EFT payments are instant payment methods resulting in immediate reflection of funds, and therefore faster processing of your order.)
For more information on what is required to process a payment, proceed to checkout, select your desired option and follow the instructions.
What are my delivery options?
We strive to dispatch deliveries daily to destinations within Johannesburg and surrounding areas. Deliveries to areas outside Johannesburg takes 3-7 working days, depending on the province you reside in.
For more on our our various delivery options view our Delivery Information page.
Goods will only be accepted for return & handling fee forfeited when defective, damaged or if the product supplied is not the same product which was ordered.
If the Goods are defective in any way this must be reported as soon as possible (no later that 24 hours after receiving)
Incorrect item delivered:
We do our best to ensure the product information, availability, purchase price and associated delivery times and fees are accurately reflected on our site. Please notify us within 24 hours if the item you have received is not as it was described on your order.
However, should we accidentally deliver the wrong product to you or if the product is not as described on the website, or is missing any parts: Please do not remove the product from its original packaging or any of the stickers or labels and notify us as immediately
Goods arrived damaged
If your goods arrive damaged, missing any parts or accessories, or inoperable, then we will do our best to resolve the issue. Please notify us within 24 hours of receiving the goods in order for the issue to be resolved effectively.
Return of Goods correctly supplied:
All Goods must be returned within 7 working days from the day that you have received it. You need to notify us prior to returning the goods to determine if a return will be granted.
- Courier fees for return of goods will be at your expense.
- No Goods will be accepted for return after 7 days from date of receipt, this is established from the courier tracking system
- No guarantees or returns or refunds will be granted on any electrical items
- Return of goods, or cancelled orders will automatically carry a 20% handling fee on the total amount of the order.
- Items that have been fitted, used or sprayed will not be accepted for returns
- Goods returned must be in resellable condition.
- Packaging of items returned must be original package/box (as it was delivered to you) and in a condition for reselling, unboxed items will not be considered for return.
- If you are returning Goods via courier, please package it carefully so that it does not happen to be damaged en-route. If we receive the goods damaged a refund might be denied. Please include the Returns Request Number and a copy of your original invoice with any return.
- Goods purchased on promotion or sale may not be exchanged or returned.